Sunday, May 10, 2009

Studio Portraits - Folio

This is my first blog for the progress of my Photo Prac Studio Folio. I have been thinking about what images to take for this studio and what lighting best suits the subjects that will be represented in my shots.

This shoot requires either the use of medium format or 35mm film. I will try and shoot with both to show me the difference in the two formats in the studio environment.

I plan on using one white background with Hollywood lighting, one grey background with renbrant lighting, one shot with a mirror as the background (hopefully for my alter-ego) with Hollywood lighting and one background with satin once again with Hollywood lighting.

I will use my mum as one subject, my brother's girlfriend and my friend Samantha. I am still working on props for one of these images, with what will work best in the set-up.

For my alter-ego shot I was thinking I would pose as Marilyn Munroe, in front of a mirror as my background with Hollywood lighting as it falls softly and is flattering.

I thought I had better get my ideas up here so I know what I want to do and where to go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment